The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) online guide offers a detailed and interactive introduction to the cost-effectiveness analysis (CEA) process.
The guide covers the following:
- What inputs are included?
- What output does a cost-effectiveness analysis provide?
- CEA Example (Intervention is more effective and more costly)
- CEA Example (Intervention is more effective and less costly)
- How can information from a CEA be useful for decision makers?
This guide also provides additional resources including a link to a CDC course on economic evaluation and a registry of cost-effectiveness analyses from Tufts Medical Center.
CDC. (2021). Cost-effectiveness analysis. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/policy/polaris/economics/cost-effectiveness/index.html
'Cost-effectiveness analysis, US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention' is referenced in: