This workbook from the Innovation Network provides a detailed overview of the concepts and processes for planning a program evaluation.
It is designed as a self paced module with activities, examples and links to other resources to support the material offered in the book.
- How to Use this Workbook
- What is Evaluation?
- Proving vs. Improving: A Brief History of Evaluation
- Our Approach
- Evaluation Principles
- Why Evaluate?
- Developing an Evaluation Plan
- Implementation and Outcomes: One Without the Other?
- Evaluating Implementation
- What You Did: Activities and Outputs
- How Well You Did It: Additional Evaluation Questions
- Evaluating Outcomes
- What Difference Did You Make?
- Elements of a Strong Indicator Statement
- Indicator Examples
- Setting Indicator Targets
- Multiple Indicators
- Direct v. Indirect Indicators
- Data Collection Preview
- Ease of Data Collection
- Review Your Plan
Innovation Network, (2005). Evaluation plan workbook. Retrieved from website: http://www.innonet.org/client_docs/File/evaluation_plan_workbook.pdf