This guide, written by Bronwyn Sherriff and Stephen Porter, provides a set of content notes and a PowerPoint presentation that aims to assist facilitators run a program introducing Empowerment Evaluation.
- To provide students and/or personnel with a basic introduction to empowerment evaluation.
- To present students and/or personnel with a concise overview of the key tenets, facets and steps of empowerment evaluation.
- To provide crucial definitions relating to empowerment evaluation terminology in order to enhance general understandings of the topic.
- To help facilitate some critical engagement with empowerment evaluation approach." (Sherriff & Porter)
- Theoretical Alignment
- Definitions of empowerment evaluation
- Ten principles of empowerment evaluation
- Five facets of empowerment evaluation
- Steps for empowerment evaluation
- Critiques of empowerment evaluation
- Recommended readings for students
- Suggested topics for learner assessment
Sherriff, B., & Porter, S. (n.d.). An introduction to empowerment evaluation: Teaching materials. Retrieved from website: http://www.mrc.ac.za/crime/evaluation.pdf
'An introduction to empowerment evaluation: Teaching materials' is referenced in: