The BetterEvaluation Resource Library contains hundreds of curated and co-created resources related to managing, conducting, using, and strengthening capacity for evaluation.
You can use the search field and filtering on this page to find resources that you are interested in or you can browse our extensive list. An alternative way to find resources best suited to your needs is to explore the Rainbow Framework, where you can find resources relating to evaluation methods, approaches and tasks.
- 273 results found
- X Example
- This document is an example of a Terms of Reference used to evaluate a two year project implemented in Swaziland designed to promote a greater understanding of human rights and knowledge of the Bill of Rights as enshrined in the Swaziland C
- This resource is a detailed overview of study conducted by Lewis and Pattanayak (2012) on the systematic review of the literature surrounding the adoption of Improved Cook Stoves (ICS) or cleaner fuels by households in developing countries.
- This paper from the International Initiative for Impact Evaluation (3ie) uses four impact evaluation case studies from Columbia to benchmark each evaluation against 11 standards of quality.
- This article describes the development and use of a new impact monitoring, evaluation and assessment approach for agriculture called impact pathway evaluation.
- This Expression of Interest (EOI) from Actionaid Nigeria clearly demonstrates the structure and function of writing an EOI for evaluation purposes
- This Expression of Interest (EoI) from the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) demonstrates the clear structure and content of an EoI for evaluation purposes.
- This resource reports the results from a randomized experiment intended to evaluation the direct and indirect (displacement) impacts of job placement assistance on the labor market outcomes of young, educated job seekers in France.
- This paper, written by Sholom Glouberman and Brenda Zimmerman for the Commission on the Future of Health Care in Canada, looks at the health care system in Canada de
- This paper, written by Julia Balogun and Gerry Johnson, outlines a longitudinal, real-time analysis of planned change implementation to provide an explanation for the unintended results that come about from evaluation strategies.
- This paper, written by Henk van den Berg, analyses 25 impact evaluations of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) programs based on the Farmer Field School approach.
- This report, written by Reychler, Scharbatke-Church and Thomas with support by Clegg and Heilman for the International Development Research Centre (IDRC), evaluates the effectiveness of the Peace, Confli
- Produced for the Early Childhood Nutrition and Anaemia Prevention Project, Fred Hollows Foundation, this Summary Report presents a large amount of non-numeric data effectively through the use of a timeline of the project.
Informal traders lock horns with the formal milk industry: the role of research in pro-poor dairy policy shift in kenyaThis paper, written by C. Leksmono, J. Young, N. Hooton, H. Muriuki and D.
Stakeholder participation in agricultural research projects: a conceptual framework for reﬂection and decision-makingThis paper, written by Andreas Neef and Dieter Neubert, proposes a new framework for participatory agricultural research.
- This web page from the European Commission (EC) sets out an intervention logic and a set of example indicators covering the outcome and impact levels for different sectors of EC interventions.
- This report on a community-based survey about Jamaican youth risk and resiliency behaviour conducted in 2006 on behalf of USAID contains an example of a data use calendar as Appendix 9 (page 158).
- This set of standards was developed by the Uganda Evaluation Association (UEA) in order to guide evaluations that take place in Uganda to ensure a good standard of practice is demonstrated by evaluators during evaluations.
- This set of standards and norms, developed by the United Nations Evaluation Group (UNEG), are designed to increase the professionalisation of evaluation and provide guidance on the deve
- This paper, written by Jo Rycroft-Malone, Brendan McCormack, Alison M Hutchinson, Kara DeCorby, Tracey K Bucknall,Bridie Kent, Alyce Schultz, Erna Snelgrove-Clarke, Cheryl B Stetler, Marita Titler, Lars Wallin and Val Wilson describes the p
- This paper, written by Nguyen Viet Cuong for International Initiative for Impact Evaluation (3ie) explores some of the experiences and difficulties of evaluating the impact of programmes in Viet Nam.
- This document outlines a set of competencies that evaluators should possess before conducting evaluations.
- This paper is the strategic plan for the Independent Evaluation Office (IEO) of UN Women (UNW).
- This strategy document from the United Nations Evaluation Group (UNEG) outlines the strategic pathway for all work conducted by UNEG for the period 2014 - 2019.
- This guidance note from the United Nations Evaluation Group (UNEG) outlines a System-Wide Action Plan (SWAP) on Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women.
- This case study from The World Bank looks at the use of outcome mapping to evaluate the effectiveness of a number of programs in Mongolia.
- This paper has been developed as part of the evaluation of the Australian Government’s Stronger Families and Communities Strategy 2000-2004 (the Strategy).
- This paper, written by Christine C.
- This blog by Stephanie Evergreen curates a number of examples of engaging executive summaries and evaluation reports. The focus is on highlighting effective visual design of these reporting formats.
- This USAID document describes the key competencies that are required of evaluators undertaking evaluation of their programs.
- This independent evaluation conducted by the Independent Evaluation Group (IEG) of the World Bank, assesses the impact and effectiveness of strategies and assistance programs implemented by the W
Innovative approach to evaluating interventions in fragile and conflict-affected states: the case of Helmand.This working paper from Coffey International Development outlines the challenges faced when undertaking evaluation in fragile and conflict-affected states and provides a range
- This website from Lucidchart provides a range of examples of Concept Maps and allows the user to create their own or use one of the templates provided.