The BetterEvaluation Resource Library contains hundreds of curated and co-created resources related to managing, conducting, using, and strengthening capacity for evaluation.
You can use the search field and filtering on this page to find resources that you are interested in or you can browse our extensive list. An alternative way to find resources best suited to your needs is to explore the Rainbow Framework, where you can find resources relating to evaluation methods, approaches and tasks.
- 1918 results found
- This webpage from the KnowledgeSharing Toolkit website offers a guide on how the Fishbowl Technique can be used for stakeholder engagement in a variety of settings.
- This paper, written by Patricia Rogers for UNICEF, outlines the basic ideas and principles of impact evaluation.
- La présente note donne un aperçu des différents éléments de l’évaluation d’impact et des diverses options qui s’offrent aux responsables de programme de l’UNICEF pour chacun de ces éléments, et précise les étapes nécessaires pour la planifi
- Esta síntesis recoge una visión general de los distintos elementos de la evaluación de impacto y las diferentes opciones de que disponen los directores de programas de UNICEF para cada uno de estos elementos, con relación a las fases de pla
- This 90-minute webinar organised by the Canberra Regional Network of the Australian Evaluation Society focuses on the use of evaluation maturity models, which provide a roadmap for improving evaluation capability and culture within an organ
- From the evalparticipativa website:
- Del sitio web de evaluaciónparticipativa:
Preguntas de evaluación clave (PEC) para orientar las evaluaciones de la huella ecológica (Footprint Evaluations)Las preguntas de evaluación clave (PECs) están diseñadas para apoyar la inclusión de la sostenibilidad ambiental al incorporar la consideración del medio ambiente en cada pregunta, en lugar de agregar consideraciones ambientales como una pr
- The key evaluation questions (KEQs) are designed to support the inclusion of environmental sustainability by embedding consideration of the environment in each evaluation question rather than adding environmental considerations as a standal
- This book provides an evidence-based guide, toolkit and collection of evaluation cases for conducting effective advocacy and policy change evaluations.
- This paper, written by George Julnes, University of New Mexico, Melvin M. Mark, Penn State University, and Stephanie Shipman, U.S.
- This resource is a companion to The Barefoot Guide 2: Learning Practices in Organisations and Social Change, providing a practical support guide for designing and facilitating engaging and productive conversations and learning experiences.
- This report from The World Bank documents the pilot of a program that examines the use of outcome harvesting and the Bank's results management approach to understand how change happens in complex environments.
- The book Time to Listen: Hearing People on the Receiving End of International Aid provides a rich overview of international aid, from the perspective of those who receive financial assistance.
- This online portal includes over useful 60 tools and methods especially selected to support and evaluate multi-stakeholder partnership processes.
- These guidelines from the Australasian Evaluation Society (AES) were designed to ensure ethical behaviour and decision-making are incorporated into evaluation practice.
- This statement from the European Evaluation Society (EES) argues that randomised control trials are not necessarily the best way to ensure a rigorous or scientific impact evaluation assessment (IE) for development and development aid.
- This report summarises an expert meeting discussing issues related to methods of estimating family planning program costs.
Assessing the impact of agricultural research on poverty using the sustainable livelihoods frameworkThis discussion brief considers the benefits of using the Sustainable Livelihoods Framework (SLF) to assess the impact of research on agricultural poverty.
- This guide facilitates the decision about how to collect research data and how to select a sample of the population of interest so that it is truly representative.
- This website offers a toolkit for evaluators. Available on the EuropeAid website on evaluation, it details 13 key evaluation tools explaining what, why and when they should be used and how to implement them.
- This guidance from the Footprint Evaluation Initiative aims to support those doing or overseeing evaluations to include environmental sustainability in feasible and useful ways.
Capturing changes in women’s lives: The experiences of Oxfam Canada in applying feminist evaluation principles to monitoring and evaluation practiceThis article describes Oxfam Canada's efforts to develop a mixed-methods approach to monitoring, evaluation, and learning rooted in feminist evaluation principles.
- This guide from the Alliance for Useful Evidence is an introduction to systematic review and the necessary steps that should be considered as a part of the process.
- This is a podcast that offers an overview of the Developmental Evaluation approach according to the perspectives of an internal and an external evaluator.
- This guide from the University of Wisconsin Cooperative Extension is designed to support the planning of a program evaluation.
- This publication is an analysis of six monitoring and evaluation (M&E) case studies from Benin, Ghana, Kenya, Senegal, South Africa, and Uganda.
- Drawing on the emerging principles of Agricultural Innovation Systems (AIS) analysis and action, this sourcebook was developed by the World Bank to strengthen innovation systems and promote agricultural innov
- This volume presents most of what needs to be known to manage or carry out an evaluation, using standardised terminology in three languages (English, Spanish and French) that contribute toward the OECD Development Aid Committee's efforts at
- The EvalPartners website is both a source of knowledge about monitoring and evaluation practices and a network to connect practitioners from around the world.